Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Jacob Danner <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/17 18:55:16 UTC

Re: Enumerated types

Hi Siwei,
I have to ask, why the need for enumerations if you don't want the
check or validation. Why not just use a String type?
As far as I understand xsd:enumerations to work, they say, you can
only use value A, B, or C. If the value is NOT A, B,  or C then this
is not a valid enumeration.

Back to your problem, if you are doing something like
SomeXmlObject.Factory.parse(...)
and don't want this to fail validation, you might be able to try using
the XmlOptions API with methods setCompileNoValidation()

Hope this helps,
-Jacob Danner