Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Priya Joseph <el...@yahoo.com> on 2009/08/07 19:10:20 UTC

Shindig - Java Scalability metrics

Hi,

I can't seem to locate any shindig scalability metrics. Can
you share? Can you share your lessons learnt scheme of things as well?
Isn't it amazing how we take battle-arrows-on-your-back for free lunch:)

This
maybe a noob question - but do you recommend colocating the gadget
server where shindig is located?In the google gadget server
implementation, how are you colocated? And how do you split and amp
shindig caching with the usual portal caching layers? Looking for best
practice primarily,

Thanks much,
Priya

Re: Shindig - Java Scalability metrics

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
One meaningful limit to performance that I've encountered is the current
performance of JUEL. In an extreme case, expression evaluation cost us about
50% of our CPU time. This won't affect scalability in general, but it does
mean that if you have a lot of gadgets that do a lot of expression
evaluation you will need much more hardware than if you do not. If anyone
has the time to revisit this (perhaps trying MVEL, which is supposed to be
much faster), it would be helpful.

Posted by Priya Joseph <el...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Paul

Posted by Paul Lindner <li...@inuus.com>.