Posted to general@logging.apache.org by Nicko Cadell <ni...@neoworks.com> on 2004/02/02 16:43:37 UTC

RE: creating log4net CVS repository and web-pages

Ceki,

One more site question.

If we use anakia to build our html from our xdocs how do we actually go
about updating the web site?

In the "Web-site maintenance" doc is says:

"However, the jakarta-regexp project uses CVS to copy files to the server"

Does this mean that there is an automated process for updating the web site
files from CVS? (some king of cvs export run from a cron job??) or do we
need to manually move the html files into the /www/logging.apache.org/xxx
directories?

Thanks,

Nicko

http://logging.apache.org/site/logging-site.html

>Which bits of the web site should be in the logging-site module and
>which should be in the logging-log4net module, and how do these get
>combined?
>
>Are there any web page style guidelines for apache or the logging
>project? Log4net currently has a rather simple style
>(http://log4net.sourceforge.net/). Each top level project seems to have
>its own style, but the (I guessing a little here) Forrest and Maven
>styles look popular.

You can certainly use Forrest or Maven if you wish do so. However, the
method outlined in http://logging.apache.org/site/logging-site.html is very
very simple. It
should require almost no effort on your part. (Correct me if that is not
the case.)

--
Ceki Gülcü