Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Rohith Kumar Uppala <ru...@wayfair.com> on 2021/06/04 04:24:38 UTC

Custom metrics with OpenCensus in Dataflow

Hi All

Currently, I am trying to enable OpenCensus (Stats/Metrics) for a Dataflow
job. I am trying to count different types of messages I am consuming from
Pubsub and tag them based on input.

I followed all the steps listed in the Custome metrics with OpenCensus (
https://cloud.google.com/monitoring/custom-metrics/open-census#opencensus-project).
The Dataflow streaming job is running as expected but I am not able to see
any metrics in Metrics Explorer. I am also not seeing any errors related to
OpenCensus.

Did anyone have an example to use OpenCensus from a Dataflow job? I just
want to get OpenCensus to talk to StackDriver.

Thanks
Rohith