Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ma...@nl.abnamro.com on 2001/05/09 09:28:20 UTC

Fonts not appearing

Hi,

This might be a repeating question, but I've read the FAQ's and history and
am still stuck.

I'm trying to add other fonts to my project. I've followed instructions and
all seems to go well.
I have a .TTF file, which was sucessfully used with the TTFReader to
generate matching XML.
I've changed the userconfig.xml and passed it to the library. The font is
recognised, and the
TTF and XML found (if I remove them I get an exception).

But no letters appear! Places where the added font is used are blank.

I have noticed that the root element font-metrics has attribute type=TYPE0,
and the docs state
that only type 1 is useable. How can I tell whether my TTF and/or XML is of
the right type?
Maybe someone can send me a TTF/XML combo that verifyably works? I'm using
0.18.1 DEV,
and have tried 18.0 and 17.0 as well.

As ever, TIA for any tips.

Marc de Boer