Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Simone Morandini <si...@mix-it.net> on 2008/07/01 15:14:14 UTC

Re: Rules in local.cf are not read?

mouss-2 wrote:

> then maybe you are using the wrong expression. show the rule and a
> sample message that slips...

The following message has been delivered to my inbox:

Subject: Royal luxury of high-rank watches
Body: Rep1!c@ watches presented at our store are available at the most
competitive prices on the net

The SpamCheck header says: "not spam, SpamAssassin (not cached, timed out)"

The rules (that I added to local.cf file) that should have worked are:

header SHOPPING_H               Subject =~
/\b(?:luxury|handbag|rolex|gucci|armani|prada|dsquared|burberry|hermes|fashion|discount|replica|watches|\bdior\b|bikkember)/i
describe SHOPPING_H             Non adoro sperperare

body SHOPPING_B
/\b(?:luxury|handbag|rolex|gucci|armani|prada|dsquared|burberry|hermes|fashion|discount|replica|watches|\bdior\b|bikkember)/i
describe SHOPPING_B             Non adoro sperperare

Thanks for any help,
Simone.

Re: Rules in local.cf are not read?

Posted by Anthony Peacock <a....@chime.ucl.ac.uk>.
Hi,

Simone Morandini wrote:

> mouss-2 wrote:
>> then maybe you are using the wrong expression. show the rule and a
>> sample message that slips...
>>

> The following message has been delivered to my inbox:
>
> Subject: Royal luxury of high-rank watches
> Body: Rep1!c@ watches presented at our store are available at the most
> competitive prices on the net
>
> The SpamCheck header says: "not spam, SpamAssassin (not cached, timed out)"

This looks like something that MailScanner puts into the headers.  It
means that the call to SA timed out and the message does not appear in
MailScanner's cache (if it is MailScanner, of course).

I would suggest that you save the full email, and run it manually
through SA using the command line tool, something like:

spamassassin --test-mode < file_that_contains_the_email_you_saved.eml

This will show you which rules spamassassin will score on.

--
Anthony Peacock
Study Health Informatics - Modular Postgraduate Degree