Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Kelem <s_...@pacbell.net> on 2003/08/26 01:00:35 UTC

RE: Tomcat - username/password

I've followed this thread for a while.
I have the same problem.

I have read at least some of TFM, specifically, Configuring Manager
Application Access

I have added a user with manager role.
I have restarted the tomcat server.
When I try to access http://localhost:8080/manager/html,
I get:

  HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied

type Status report

message Access to the requested resource has been denied

description Access to the specified resource (Access to the requested
resource has been denied) has been forbidden.

      Apache Tomcat/5.0.7

Prior to setting up a user with manager role, I did try to access this
url and a password challenge was issued.
It didn't work, and ever since I have not been challenged again for
username/password.
When I try to access admin/html, the username/password challenge is
presented.
Yes, I do log out of admin when I'm done and want to try to access
manager/html.
I do not have more than one java process running in the Task Manager
(windows 2k), and that java process
does disappear when I stop the tomcat service.  The java task reappears
when I restart the tomcat service.