Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Peter Miller <Pe...@objectconsulting.com.au> on 2011/09/29 02:11:00 UTC

An example of a named DataFormat would be useful in the DataFormat and JAXB pages

Hi,

On the pages http://camel.apache.org/data-format.html and
http://camel.apache.org/jaxb.html it talks about named DataFormats and
just points to the JAXBContext api doc. The Spring version of this
config is clear but how to achieve the same results in Java DSL is not.
The example code just uses a "jaxb" variable with explaining what it is
in any detail.

Could a more detailed discussion of this topic be added to the page, and
ideally, an example? Or if someone would like to reply and I can get
access to update the Confluence page I would be happy to make that small
contribution.

I would also like to add some content on configuring Camel JMS with
JBoss AS 5.1.0, which I have just spent days figuring out. I can just
post this to the list once I get my app into production, but if there is
the opportunity to add it to the User Stories page that may be better?

Thanks,

Pete

Re: An example of a named DataFormat would be useful in the DataFormat and JAXB pages

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 2:11 AM, Peter Miller
<Pe...@objectconsulting.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On the pages http://camel.apache.org/data-format.html and
> http://camel.apache.org/jaxb.html it talks about named DataFormats and
> just points to the JAXBContext api doc. The Spring version of this
> config is clear but how to achieve the same results in Java DSL is not.
> The example code just uses a "jaxb" variable with explaining what it is
> in any detail.

The named data format, is actually like that XML example a bit below

 <dataFormats>
    <jaxb id="myJaxb" prettyPrint="true"
contextPath="org.apache.camel.example"/>
  </dataFormats>

Where you can refer to a data format by its id (name). In this case "myJaxb".

> Could a more detailed discussion of this topic be added to the page, and
> ideally, an example? Or if someone would like to reply and I can get
> access to update the Confluence page I would be happy to make that small
> contribution.

We love contributions. You can read more here

In terms of editing the web site read above, and this link
http://camel.apache.org/how-do-i-edit-the-website.html

You need to file an ICLA to Apache. When that's done, you will be able
to edit the documentation.
And filing an ICLA is also one-step closer to becoming a committer at Apache.

> I would also like to add some content on configuring Camel JMS with
> JBoss AS 5.1.0, which I have just spent days figuring out. I can just
> post this to the list once I get my app into production, but if there is
> the opportunity to add it to the User Stories page that may be better?

That would be great and beneficial for others who use JBoss.

Yeah if you are interested to be added to the user stories, then we
can help with that.
You can also add yourself when you are able to edit the web site.

--
Claus Ibsen