Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Volodymyr Siedlecki <vo...@apache.org> on 2022/06/23 20:25:42 UTC

[SECOND VOTE] Release of MyFaces Core 4.0.0-RC1

Hi,

I was running the needed tasks to get the 4.0.0-RC1 release of Apache
MyFaces core out.

Please note that this vote concerns all of the following parts:
   1. Maven artifact group "org.apache.myfaces.core" v4.0.0-RC1  [1]

The artifacts were deployed on nexus repo [1] for binary and source
packages.

The release notes could be found at [4]. The only changes are the addition
of MYFACES-4437 which fixes CDI 4.0 integration (discovered in previous
release vote) and a small update to MYFACES-4417. Additionally, the
following two issues are still set for the 4.0.0-RC2 release:
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-4385
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-4387

The japicmp tool shows numerous binary incompatibilities with 4.0.0-RC1 and
the jakarta.faces-api-4.0.0.jar. Please take a look at the attached
jakarta.faces-api.4.0.0-results.html.

Once we get the TCK and the signature tests to run, we can identify changes
which should be addressed.

Please take a look at the "4.0.0-RC1" artifacts and vote! (see [3])

Please note: This vote is "majority approval" with a minimum of three +1
votes (see [2]).

[ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be released, and
why.

Volodymyr

[1]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemyfaces-1205/org/apache/myfaces/core/
[2] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes
[3]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemyfaces-1205/org/apache/myfaces/core/myfaces-core-assembly/
[4]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10600&version=12349323

Re: [SECOND VOTE] Release of MyFaces Core 4.0.0-RC1

Posted by Volodymyr Siedlecki <vo...@apache.org>.
Thanks for voting, everyone!

Looks like we have enough votes, so I'll finish up this release in the next few days.

Best,

Volodymyr

Posted by Paul Nicolucci <pn...@gmail.com>.
+1