Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Clement Hermann <cl...@free.fr> on 2004/10/11 14:57:58 UTC

[users@httpd] cgi, mod_action and Multiviews Option

Hi there,

I'm having problems using Option +multiviews on a server which use php as a
cgi (with suexec enabled).

The content negotiation seems to work (i.e. I can access
http://example.com/dir/foo, I'll get http://example.com/dir/foo.php), but if
I ask for http://example.com/dir/foo/bar, I'm getting an error 500 and the
well-known "Premature end of script headers" :
/var/www/cgi-client/client/php  premature end of script headers" in the log.

But this is not the casual suexec or path error, as php works fine
everywhere I do not try to use Multiviews.

On the other hand, everything works fine if I use php as a module.

I guess there is a problem on the way mod_negotiation passes the request to
mod_action, but I'm unable to find a workaround or the correct way to do this.

Here are the relevant part of my configuration :

<VirtualHost *>
# Virtualhost with suexec
         user client
         group client
         AddType application/my-x-httpd-php3 .php3
         AddType application/my-x-httpd-php .php
         Action  application/my-x-httpd-php /cgi-php/php
         Action  application/my-x-httpd-php3 /cgi-php/php
         ScriptAlias /cgi-bin /var/www/cgi-clients/client
         ScriptAlias /cgi-php /var/www/cgi-clients/client
         DocumentRoot /home/client/
         <Directory /home/client/multiviews>
		Option +Multiviews
	</Directory>