Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Russell Cecala <ru...@netscape.net> on 2002/05/22 20:56:10 UTC

where do I put my service's .class files?

Hi,

I feel like I am asking a really stupid question,
but where do I put my .class files if they are
to be used as services?

example)
I have this file HelloServer.java in the directory C:\whatever\hello

package hello;
public class HelloServer {
    public String sayHelloTo(String name) {
        System.out.println("sayHelloTo(String name)");
        return "Hello " + name + ", How are you doing?";
    }
}

I compile it and wind up with:
HelloServer.class

So what do I do now?
Do I copy HelloServer.class to E:\soap-2_0\webapps ... or ...
do I copy HelloServer.class to E:\tomcat\lib ... or ...
of do I change my tomcat.bat start up script
to include C:\whatever in my server's CLASSPATH

and then "deploy" this service?

As you can see I am quite confused :)
Please help!

Thanks