Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ivan Lagunov <la...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/17 17:35:38 UTC

Getting Exception.getMessage in map:handle-errors

Hello,

Is it possible to access fields of the thrown Exception inside
map:handle-errors?

I want to do something like this:

    <map:handle-errors>

      <map:select type="exception">

        <map:when test="processing">

          <map:generate src="page/exception.jx" type="jx">

            <map:parameter name="errorMessage" value="want to extract
Exception.getMessage() here"/>

          </map:generate>

          <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>

        </map:when>

      </map:select>

    </map:handle-errors>

Where selector is defined as following:

      <map:selector name="exception"
src="org.apache.cocoon.selection.ExceptionSelector">

        <exception name="processing"
class="org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException"/>

      </map:selector>

Any ideas how to achieve this?

Best regards,

Ivan Lagunov

Re: Getting Exception.getMessage in map:handle-errors

Posted by Jos Snellings <jo...@upperware.biz>.
Hi Ivan,

Please try : jexl:cocoon.exception.messsage

I don't have my cocoon environment handy here, but odds are good that it
works.
Jos

--
We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is
in it - and stay there, lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot