Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com> on 2013/05/21 22:50:33 UTC

40-41 upgrade

Hi Vijay,

I came across the commit c25d60f1 for 40-41 DB upgrade path:

+UPDATE `cloud`.`configuration` SET value='KVM,XenServer,VMware,Ovm' WHERE
name='hypervisor.list';

We should never reset global configuration value, as existing customers
might already re-set it. This parameter means "The list of hypervisors
that this deployment will use", and lets say customers deployment has Xen
only, so they set this value to Xen. Now you are re-setting it to all
hypervisors CS can possibly support.

If you wanted to exclude Baremetal from the list of supported hypervisors,
you should have just do string parsing and stripping the baremetal off.

I would recommend to fix it as a part of 40-41 upgrade.

-Alena.

Re: 40-41 upgrade

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
Please send in a patch for this!