Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Robin Roos <Ro...@Investec.co.uk> on 2008/03/11 17:38:36 UTC

continuum.project.currentBuild.number

Hi Folks

I installed and configured Continuum today and must say I am very
impressed.

I've read the FAQ and trolled through JIRA.  I'd like to ask when the
property continuum.project.currentBuild.number (or an equivalent) will
become available.  I'm currently using
continuum.project.lastBuild.number to drive the <version> information of
my maven2 pom.xml.  At least every artifact gets a build number, but it
currently gets the previous build number.  So build 5 generates
artifacts called 9.2.0-build-4.  I can live with this for a while, but
it would be useful to have some perspective on the potential fix version
for this new feature.

Thanks, Robin.

Before acting on this e mail or opening any attachment please read the disclaimer which can be accessed at http://www.investec.com/EmailDisclaimer/UKEmailDisclaimer.htm
Investec Bank (UK) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.mci.com

Investec Bank (UK) Limited
Registered office: 2 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7QP Company No: 00489604 Incorporated in England and Wales

Re: continuum.project.currentBuild.number

Posted by Tomasz Pik <to...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Robin Roos <Ro...@investec.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Stefano
>
>  I am aware of lastBuild.number and nextBuild.number.  I am specifically
>  looking for currentBuild.number.

For me: 'next' means 'current if build will success'.

Regards,
Tomek

RE: continuum.project.currentBuild.number

Posted by Robin Roos <Ro...@Investec.co.uk>.
Hi Folks

Thanks again.  I've just run the build through continuum with my POM
written as:

<version>9.2.0-build-${continuum.project.nextBuild.number}</version>

This has genererated assembly artifacts named myproject-9.2.0-build-7
against build number 7 in continuum, which solves the question I asked
on this thread.

Kind regards, Robin.

--

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
the current build number and the next build number are equals if the build
is in success. If the build fail, the build have no build number.

Emmanuel

Posted by Robin Roos <Ro...@Investec.co.uk>.
Hi Stefano

Posted by Stefano Fornari <st...@gmail.com>.