Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by "Armbrust, Daniel C." <Ar...@mayo.edu> on 2002/05/01 19:00:31 UTC

http question

Is there a way of shutting down the http server portion of xindice?  Or at
least stopping its ability to directly serve xml files to a browser?  I
realize that it could be protected with a firewall, but I would prefer it
didn't run at all.

Thanks,

Dan

Re: http question

Posted by Graham Seaman <gr...@seul.org>.
On Wed, 1 May 2002, Kurt Ward wrote:

> The current development is to replace the CORBA API with XML-RPC and also
> provide a SOAP implementation at some point, both of which will require the
> HTTP service.

Will there be any way for users of languages other than Java to access a
database without having to go over http?

Thanks
Graham

Re: http question

Posted by Kurt Ward <ku...@yahoo.com>.
Copied from a previous post:

"The APIService and HTTP server are required. The only thing HTTP is used
for is to bootstrap the (CORBA) API."

XML content from the server cannot be directly accessed via HTTP, but there
is
a plugin available to do this.

The current development is to replace the CORBA API with XML-RPC and also
provide a SOAP implementation at some point, both of which will require the
HTTP service.

Kurt