Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Helmut Zeilinger <hz...@hzlabs.de> on 2005/05/09 16:26:20 UTC

What Perl/Apache for mod_perl under Windows?

Hi,

i am trying to run mod_perl under windows, using

Apache/2.0.54 (Win32) mod_perl/1.999.24-dev Perl/v5.8.6

Apache windows binary from apache.org
mod_perl.so binary  from http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/x86/ (7 May 2005)
Perl from activestate 5.8.6.811

After a couple of  requests apache crashes with

"Parent: child process exited with status 3221225477 -- Restarting."

I suppose, it is because the binaries don't "fit" to each other..?

Question: What Perl and Apache binaries should be used in combination with
the mod_perl binary on
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/x86/?

Thank You!

Re: What Perl/Apache for mod_perl under Windows?

Posted by Markus Wichitill <ma...@gmx.de>.
Helmut Zeilinger wrote:
> Apache windows binary from apache.org
> mod_perl.so binary  from http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/x86/
> Perl from activestate 5.8.6.811
>
> After a couple of  requests apache crashes with
> "Parent: child process exited with status 3221225477 -- Restarting."
>
> I suppose, it is because the binaries don't "fit" to each other..?

That's the usual binary combination and should work just fine. Your problem
lies elsewhere.

Re: What Perl/Apache for mod_perl under Windows?

Posted by Helmut Zeilinger <hz...@hzlabs.de>.
Randy Kobes schrieb:

>On Mon, 9 May 2005, Helmut Zeilinger wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>i am trying to run mod_perl under windows, using
>>
>>Apache/2.0.54 (Win32) mod_perl/1.999.24-dev Perl/v5.8.6
>>
>>Apache windows binary from apache.org
>>mod_perl.so binary  from http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/x86/ (7 May 2005)
>>Perl from activestate 5.8.6.811
>>
>>After a couple of  requests apache crashes with
>>
>>"Parent: child process exited with status 3221225477 -- Restarting."
>>
>>I suppose, it is because the binaries don't "fit" to each other..?
>>
>>Question: What Perl and Apache binaries should be used in combination with
>>the mod_perl binary on
>>http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/x86/?
>>
>>Thank You!
>>

>As Markus mentioned, that combination should work.  When you
>installed mod_perl via ppm, did you remove (via the ppm
>shell) any prior mod_perl installation first? If not, try
>doing that and reinstalling. You may also want to remove an
>existing mod_perl.so file from your Apache modules
>directory, so that this gets updated as well.

yes both i did..

>If this doesn't help, can you post a small example, with
>relevant httpd.conf directives, that illustrates the
>problem?

You both are right.. it seems not to be a mod_perl issue, but rather
ab DBI problem - which does not exist under Linux.

I try to track it further down in depth..

Thanks!

Helmut

Re: What Perl/Apache for mod_perl under Windows?

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

--
best regards,
randy kobes

Re: What Perl/Apache for mod_perl under Windows?

Posted by Foo Ji-Haw <jh...@nexlabs.com>.
I've had similar experiences with Apache restarting itself. The problem
almost always lies with my code though. :P

But I don't know why it should cause Apache to reload itself, rather
than simply spit out an error message and point me in the right
direction. Things like this sometimes cause me to take more time to debug.