Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jerry Lampi <ja...@sdsusa.com> on 2013/07/09 20:05:02 UTC

Upgrading from tomcat 6.0.35 to 6.0.36 causes a simple jsp page to require about 20 minutes to load

Upgrading from tomcat 6.0.35 to 6.0.36 causes a simple jsp page to require
about 20 minutes to load.

We have two clients that are running in an IBM mainframe USS (Unix System
Services) environment and when they upgraded from tomcat 6.0.35 to 6.0.36,
the simple jsp page in our webapp takes up to 20 minutes to load into the
web browser.  We have other clients that are successfully running 6.0.36 in
the USS environment.  So it is a somewhat isolated issue.

I looked over the 6.0.36 change log at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/changelog.html#Tomcat%206.0.36%20%28jfclere%29,
but nothing jumped out at me as to which change may have caused the issue.

Since I am not a tomcat expert, I am asking for help on how to diagnose
this issue.

Are there certain logging options that could be enabled?

Thank you in advance.

Jerry

Re: Upgrading from tomcat 6.0.35 to 6.0.36 causes a simple jsp page to require about 20 minutes to load

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 09/07/2013 19:05, Jerry Lampi wrote:
> Are there certain logging options that could be enabled?

Take 3 thread dumps ~10s apart and compare them to find out what the
thread serving the JSP is doing.

Mark