Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com> on 2004/12/03 12:23:43 UTC

2.4 and deprecating code

Hi all,

While I know the normal release rules are that deprecated code has to sit
around for a release, I think that the code in 2.4 that was deprecated in
favor of Fulcrum components is a bit different.  I think of that code as
being more or less internal to Turbine, and not exposed to the user.
Additionally, I am finding that it is somewhat confusing having a list of
deprecatations a mile long, and so many classes that have the same name
twice, once in org.apache.turbine and then in org.apache.fulcrum...  I've
made quite a few ooops style mistakes because of it.

If no one feels really strongly, (and has a good argument), I am going to
delete the code as I move to using the rest of the released Fulcrumc
components.  Probably starting with crypto and fileupload.

Eric