Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Volle <vi...@swissmail.org> on 2004/06/20 23:26:34 UTC

MessageElement: getChildren() Text only Node

Hi

calling MessageElements#getChildren with a Text-Only content returns an empty list

I am using Axis with the message style, i.e. I only implement a simple class
that implements a method

     public Document <anyname> ( Document document )

the method currently only returns the document that has been
sended. The request I am sending looks like:

    <foo>bar</foo>

but when I try to retrieve the "bar" with:

   domElement.getFirstChild()

or check if there are children with:

   domElement.getChildNodes().getLength()

the return value is 0 (hasChildren() throws a NullPointerException).
Funny thing is that

   System.out.println(domElement)

prints "<foo>bar</foo>".

I then tried to debug MessageElement, but did not
get very far. The internal "children" List is empty
or even not yet created.
And when I tried to debug the #toString() method
I got lost.

Since MessageElement claims to implement org.w3c.dom.Element interface,
it should contain a single child element (a text node).

Can anybody help me?

Victor Volle

PS: I provide my own wsdl file