Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com> on 2001/09/11 22:12:45 UTC

hope everybody's OK

I hope everybody's OK after what happened this morning...

Ovidiu

RE: hope everybody's OK

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
> > Ovidiu Predescu wrote:
> >
> > >I hope everybody's OK after what happened this morning...
> > >
> > How many people on this list are located in or near the areas that were
> > attacked ? Is there anything that can be done in support ?
>
> I am 40 miles away from the Pentagon.  As to support, both Virginia and
> Maryland have gone into a state-wide emergency system so they can mobilize
> rescue workers.  People have been overflooding the blood donation banks,
> so if donations are to be made, they really need to be done by appointment.
>
> Beyond that, their isn't much to be done here in the Washington D.C.
> metropolitan area.  The attack only affected the Pentagon (structurally).
>

> What is truly scary is the attack in New York, that is also in a state-wide
> emergency.  The two buildings that helped define New York's skyline are gone.
> At one point in time, they enjoyed the prestige of being the tallest man-made
> structures in the world.  The death toll there will be in the thousands, while
> in D.C., only in the hundreds.

Helpless standing and watching this absurd peace of terror like a horror movie
is so frustrating.

Friends of mine have been visitting the Pentagon the day before.
Hope all your friends and familiy members are alright,too.
--
Torsten

Re: hope everybody's OK

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

Re: hope everybody's OK

Posted by Michael Hartle <mh...@hartle-klug.com>.
Ovidiu Predescu wrote:

>I hope everybody's OK after what happened this morning...

How many people on this list are located in or near the areas that were
attacked ? Is there anything that can be done in support ?

Michael

Re: hope everybody's OK

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Ovidiu Predescu wrote:

> I hope everybody's OK after what happened this morning...
>
> Ovidiu

It's a scary thing when it happens in your home-town.  My
wife's employer shut down early so everyone could go home
and make sure they could find any loved ones that were in
Washington D.C.

There was a rumor of an attack in the town where my house
is, but it seems that was just a rumor.  All that said,
my family and I are OK.  I have a friend who works in D.C.,
and I haven't heard from him yet.  The commute is going
to be insane for him--but he should be ok.

My office is cleared out except for me and the CTO, but he
is leaving soon too.  The news left everyone astonished, as
if this is all a real bad dream.

Re: hope everybody's OK

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Am in Boston. No Problems here....

--- Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com> wrote:
> I hope everybody's OK after what happened this morning...
>
> Ovidiu

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI

RE: hope everybody's OK

Posted by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com>.
I regards to what happened, any word I can come up with would be an
understatement.

/LS

RE: hope everybody's OK

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.