Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/05 20:08:58 UTC

Re: Java 7u51 and Guava... Does it affect Solr?

Based on our current use of it and the nature of the issue, I don’t think we have anything to worry about.

- Mark

http://about.me/markrmiller

On Jan 27, 2014, 9:52:05 PM, Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org> wrote: The Internet is buzzing about the change in Java 7u51 that breaks Google
Guava. Guava is used in Solr, so I'm curious whether this affects Solr at
all.

Because of known JVM bugs that can affect Lucene, I'm already avoiding an
upgrade beyond 7u25, but that particular bug is slated to be fixed in
7u60, scheduled for May 2014. If the Guava problem affects Solr, that
upgrade might not be possible.

Anyone have any concrete information?

Thanks,
Shawn