Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Hagen Trost <ha...@bei-trost.de> on 2021/10/21 10:59:56 UTC

Disable cxf servlets when only using the client parts

Hi,

we have some classloader troubles when we are running a JEE Application under WebSphere 8.5.5.15.
The WebSphere has its own JAX-RS library (wink) which we are using for our rest services.
On the other hand we also have CXF as a client implementation because it support some things we need when we are acting as a rest client.
However on some environments the CXF Rest Servlets are loaded and WebSphere skips its own Wink based servlets so our rest services are not working.

Im looking for are way to disable the servlet loading of CXF and to use cxf in a client-only mode.
I found a simular Issue for  a Spring Boot environment https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-8539?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel
but I was not able to find anything for a JEE environemnt.