Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Danny McCormick via dev <de...@beam.apache.org> on 2023/11/11 23:44:11 UTC

[VOTE] Release 2.52.0, release candidate #4

Hi everyone,
Please review and vote on the release candidate #3 for the version 2.52.0,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Reviewers are encouraged to test their own use cases with the release
candidate, and vote +1 if no issues are found. Only PMC member votes will
count towards the final vote, but votes from all community members is
encouraged and helpful for finding regressions; you can either test your
own use cases or use cases from the validation sheet [10].

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:

   - GitHub Release notes [1]
   - the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
   which is signed with the key with fingerprint D20316F712213422 [3]
   - all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4]
   - source code tag "v2.52.0-RC4" [5]
   - website pull request listing the release [6], the blog post [6], and
   publishing the API reference manual [7]
   - Python artifacts are deployed along with the source release to the
   dist.apache.org [2] and PyPI[8].
   - Go artifacts and documentation are available at pkg.go.dev [9]
   - Validation sheet with a tab for 2.52.0 release to help with validation
   [10]
   - Docker images published to Docker Hub [11]
   - PR to run tests against release branch [12]

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

For guidelines on how to try the release in your projects, check out our
blog post at https://beam.apache.org/blog/validate-beam-release/.

Thanks,
Danny

[1] https://github.com/apache/beam/milestone/16
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/beam/2.52.0/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/beam/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1362/
[5] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/v2.52.0-RC4
[7] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/654
[8] https://pypi.org/project/apache-beam/2.52.0rc4/
[9]
https://pkg.go.dev/github.com/apache/beam/sdks/v2@v2.52.0-RC4/go/pkg/beam
[10]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qk-N5vjXvbcEk68GjbkSZTR8AGqyNUM-oLFo_ZXBpJw/edit#gid=1387982510
[11] https://hub.docker.com/search?q=apache%2Fbeam&type=image

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.52.0, release candidate #4

Posted by Danny McCormick via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.
I agree that we should take this, I'll work on a new RC once that PR is
in/cherry-picked

Posted by Bruno Volpato via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.

Posted by Jan Lukavský <je...@seznam.cz>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Danny McCormick via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.
Yep, that is correct - this should've read release candidate #4 - thanks
for calling that out

Posted by Austin Bennett <au...@apache.org>.
Danny: