Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ray <ra...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/08/16 15:06:02 UTC

Passing Struts parameters to JavaScript functions.

Hi there ... :-)

I was hoping someone could help me with a validation problem.

I'm trying to build a simple page that deletes an item from a database,
when the user clicks on the "delete" link.

Before going on to delete the item though, I need to ask the user if she's
sure that she wants to delete the item.

I thought the easiest way to do this, was a JavaScript call that would
display a dialog:

property="id"/>)">delete</html:link>

I'm trying to pass the bean value to the askDelete function, but the syntax
is shafted. How do I go about doing this? My next problem would be calling
the deleteItem.do method from Javascript, whilst making sure that the
URL-rewriting stuff stays intact.

Is there in fact, a better way to do this? I've heard of something called
the Validation Framework, which works clientside. Are there any tutorials
on using it?

Validator - Locale - Variant

Posted by "Saptha \"Girish\" Gadamsetty" <gi...@spry-tech.com>.
Hi all,

Sorry to send this message again...haven't got any response as yet...hoping
that this mail would trigger some response/ideas to my problem.

I am trying to implement Internationalization based validation using the
Struts Validator.  The validation works fine when I just have the language
and the country code as attributes for formset in validation.xml but it
fails when I include a variant attribute in the formset. I am using the
following command to set the locale

session.setAttribute(org.apache.struts.action.Action.LOCALE_KEY, new
java.util.Locale("en", "US", "200"));

the number "200" is a custom value (company code).

...Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance again
Girish

Validator - Locale - Variant

Posted by "Saptha \"Girish\" Gadamsetty" <gi...@spry-tech.com>.
Hi all,

I am trying to implement Internationalization based validation using the
Struts Validator.  The validation works fine when I just have the language
and the country code as attributes for formset in validation.xml but it
fails when I include a variant attribute in the formset. I am using the
following command to set the locale

session.setAttribute(org.apache.struts.action.Action.LOCALE_KEY, new
java.util.Locale("en", "US", "200"));

Where am I going wrong? Did anyone try/implement this before?

...Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Girish

Validator - Locale - Variant

RE: Passing Struts parameters to JavaScript functions.

Posted by Ray <ra...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Ok, I'll give that a try .. thanks.

Posted by Ray <ra...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Mmm .. I get it .... :-)