Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Lusebrink, Scott E CTR DISA NS" <sc...@disa.mil> on 2009/08/11 17:38:29 UTC

Case sensitive usernames

I'm using ldap to authenticate to jetspeed 2.1.3 on a Solaris 10
machine. The ldap is not case sensitive to the username but a new users
homepage is being created for each capitalization of the name
In WEB-INF/pages/_user I have guestuser/ guestUser/ gUestUsEr/.  Each
with their own homepage.  Solaris is case sensitive on folders.  Is
there a way for jetspeed to treat guestuser and gUestUsEr as the same
person?

Scott Lusebrink
PAWS Project
Oberon Associates, Inc.
scott.lusebrink.ctr@disa.mil
703-824-5896

Re: Case sensitive usernames (UNCLASSIFIED)

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.
On Aug 20, 2009, at 6:08 AM, Lusebrink, Scott E CTR DISA NS wrote:

> Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
> Caveats: NONE
>
> I modified my login module. To upperCase the username on login.  The
> problem is with the valve reading from pages/_user/. Solaris is case
> sensitive on folders so when a user capitalized there name differently
> LDAP still authenticated them because it is case insensitive.  But the
> psml valve said that user doesn't have a folder so it made a new one
> with the different capitalization.

Sounds like the users are already created on the file system. Can you
go out to the file system and rename the directories to upper case?

RE: Case sensitive usernames (UNCLASSIFIED)

On Aug 11, 2009, at 8:38 AM, Lusebrink, Scott E CTR DISA NS wrote:

> I'm using ldap to authenticate to jetspeed 2.1.3 on a Solaris 10
> machine. The ldap is not case sensitive to the username but a new
> users
> homepage is being created for each capitalization of the name
> In WEB-INF/pages/_user I have guestuser/ guestUser/ gUestUsEr/.  Each
> with their own homepage.  Solaris is case sensitive on folders.  Is
> there a way for jetspeed to treat guestuser and gUestUsEr as the same
> person?

Not out of the box. How are you creating your users? If you are
creating the users with the Administrative portlets (User Manager,
User Registration) I would consider adding a new feature to convert
the usernames to all lower or upper case. Feel free to create a JIRA
issue and assign it to me

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.