Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Geary <sa...@earthlink.net> on 2002/09/01 04:50:37 UTC

[I18N] Locale Mysteriously Reverts to null

I have an action that sets the user's locale with Action.setLocale().
After I set the locale, I verify that it's been set with
request.getSession().getAttribute(Action.LOCALE_KEY). It has.

Then the action forwards to a JSP page and within that JSP page, the
locale is null, which I verify with
<%= session.getAttribute(Action.LOCALE_KEY) %>.

How do I make the locale stick, and why does it revert to null?

Thanks,

david

Re: [I18N] Locale Mysteriously Reverts to null

Posted by David Geary <sa...@earthlink.net>.
Resin 2.1.2. I hadn't thought to try it with another container, so I
tried it with Tomcat 4.1.3, and it works as expected, that is, the
locale doesn't revert back to null.

I assumed it was something I was doing wrong, but evidently it must be a
Resin bug.

Thanks,

david

Posted by David Geary <sa...@earthlink.net>.
Resin 2.1.2. I hadn't thought to try it with another container, so I
tried it with Tomcat 4.1.3, and it works as expected, that is, the
locale doesn't revert back to null.

I just assumed it was something I was doing wrong, but evidently it's a
Resin bug.

Thanks,

david

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.