Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jeremy Olmstead <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/14 21:02:39 UTC

Importing Line Breaks

If I have a text field that I want to import from an xml file, how do I code
line breaks in the xml file?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Re: Importing Line Breaks

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
if these are to be read by browser,then use <br>
you can escape it to pass through.
&lt;br&gt;

=========================
BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Jeremy Olmstead sent the following on 12/14/2010 12:22 PM:

Re: Importing Line Breaks

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
You're welcome.  Just as an FYI, the form widget automatically converts line breaks to <br /> tags for display fields but freemarker won't so if you intend on displaying them via a template you'd need to manually replace them prior to rendering. Something like ${theText?replace("\n", "<br />")}

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com