Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by BELLIER Jean-luc <je...@rte-france.com> on 2018/03/01 08:30:15 UTC

RE: Questions about 'RAW' measure

Hello Alberto,

Thank you for your answer. I will look further for this mistake on the cube building.

Concerning the RAW measure, are you referring to this discussion  ?
I still can see this option on measures section on Kylin 2.2, that is why it kept my attention.
Does it mean that to access raw data, we need to first use an aggregated measure ? My final users mainly use raw data (e.g. slicing), so I want to be sure on that.

What about building cubes using only a table of facts with all the data inside ? Is it a conceivable way of doing (in terms of space storage, efficiency) or is it preferable to use separate tables foe dimensions and why ?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Have a good day.

Best regards,
Jean-Luc.

Posted by Alberto Ramón <a....@gmail.com>.
MailList
<http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/Discuss-Disable-hide-RAW-measure-in-Kylin-web-GUI-tp6636.html>:
Kylin 3062 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-3062> v2.3 Propose
to disable RAW from UI

Nowadays you cant control the execution (or not) to create Flat Tables,
there is a propuse Kylin 2532
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-2532?focusedCommentId=15956535&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-15956535>
v2.1