Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Tan CyberT@n" <qu...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/08 13:24:14 UTC

how to let actionlink to open another page like target="_blank"?

Hi,

I have a question about actionlink, is there any possible to make it to open
another new page instead of change in current page?
make it something like <a href="xxxxx" target="_blank"> ?
Thank you.

Regards,
Tan

Re: how to let actionlink to open another page like target="_blank"?

Posted by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>.
Enjoy :)

As you can see, this is accomplished with only a few lines of actual code.
Of course, it is easy to extend with parameters to open up event type,
window attributes and so on... So far, I don't need anything like that.

PopupPageLink.java:

@IncludeJavaScriptLibrary("PopupPageLink.js")
public class PopupPageLink {

  @Inject
  private ComponentResources resources;

  @Environmental
  private RenderSupport renderSupport;

  @InjectContainer
  private ClientElement container;

  @Parameter(required = true, defaultPrefix = BindingConstants.LITERAL)
  private String page;

  @Parameter
  private Object[] context;

  void afterRender() {
    Link link = resources.createPageLink(page, true, context);
    renderSupport.addScript("new PopupPageLink('%s', '%s');",
container.getClientId(), link);
  }
}

PopupPageLink.js:

var PopupPageLink = Class.create();
PopupPageLink.prototype = {
    initialize: function(id, link) {
        this.element = $(id);
        this.link = link;
        Event.observe(this.element, 'click',
this.onclick.bindAsEventListener(this));
    },
    onclick: function() {
        var width = 800;
        var height = 600;
        var    name = 'dialogWindow';
        var win = window.open(this.link,name,'width=' + width + ',height=' +
height +
',resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,menubar=no,screenX=0,screenY=0,left=0,top=0'
);
        win.focus();
    }
}

Posted by "Tan CyberT@n" <qu...@gmail.com>.
Yes Please.

Posted by Andy Pahne <an...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>.
I created a mixin, PopupPageLink, that opens a new window containing a the
link, with window.open() in javascript. It gives you more control over the
opened window. Also, you can add the mixin to any element, not just a link,
just make a hook to the onclick event.

Let me know, and I'll post the code. It's very simple :)

Posted by ningdh <ni...@gmail.com>.

Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2009 8:24 PM
Subject: how to let actionlink to open another page like target="_blank"?