Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Matt Narrell <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/28 22:32:27 UTC

[Spark ML] HasInputCol, etc.

Hey,

Our ML ETL pipeline has several complex steps that I’d like to address with custom Transformers in an ML Pipeline.  Looking at the Tokenizer and HashingTF transformers I see these handy traits (HasInputCol, HasLabelCol, HasOutputCol, etc.) but they have strict access modifiers.  How can I use these with custom Transformer/Estimator implementations?

I’m stuck depositing my implementations in org.apache.spark.ml, which is tolerable for now, but I’m wondering if I’m missing some pattern?

Thanks,
mn

Re: [Spark ML] HasInputCol, etc.

Posted by Feynman Liang <fl...@databricks.com>.
Unfortunately, AFAIK custom transformers are not part of the public API so
you will have to continue with what you're doing.