Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Tom Jordahl <to...@macromedia.com> on 2002/11/18 20:11:44 UTC

RE: [VOTE] Re: XML Schema support for Axis (Contrib from Infravio )

That comment seems kinda funny considering that you are interested in adding Asynchronous messaging to the code base, which isn't the best way to make it not complex and convoluted.
:-) :-)

I agree that WSDL2Java *might* be able to be moved out of axis.jar, but Java2WSDL is needed at server runtime to generate WSDL, and the two utilities share some code.

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@us.ibm.com>.
The async stuff shoulda been there from the beginning.  Plus, the async
stuff doesn't add a lot of complexity the way it's currently put together.

I don't agree that runtime WSDL creation is a required part of the core
runtime functionality.  If the WSDL/XSD  tools are available, then the
runtime generation stuff is available, if not, then its not.

- James Snell
     IBM Emerging Technologies
     jasnell@us.ibm.com
     (559) 587-1233 (office)
     (700) 544-9035 (t/l)
     Programming Web Services With SOAP
         O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

     Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
     Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
     God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9

Tom Jordahl <to...@macromedia.com>
11/18/2002 11:11 AM
[...]

---
hughesj@apache.org