Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Mingshen Sun <ms...@apache.org> on 2021/08/20 05:15:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Teaclave (incubating) v0.3.0-rc.1

Hi all,

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the third release of
Apache Teaclave (incubating) 0.3.0 (release candidate 1).

The Apache Teaclave (incubating) community has voted and approved the
release, with five +1 votes from IPMC members (Pei Wang, Yulong Zhang,
Rundong Zhou, Tongxin Li, Hongbo Chen).

Vote/result threads:
- https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r12fda1ea84bff22a62c60a7e6e2988fd40b897c6e998d01b9e0b00ca%40%3Cdev.teaclave.apache.org%3E
- https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r1feb15a35ff03933c794fe18d957c2a312ceeb6662deb4e22153f559%40%3Cdev.teaclave.apache.org%3E

The release candidate to be voted over is available at:
  - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/teaclave/0.3.0-rc.1/

The release candidate is signed with a GPG key available at:
  - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/teaclave/KEYS

The Git commit for this release is:
  - https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-teaclave.git;a=commit;h=f2be66e025f9323512b2e8fec5d99e04908b552a

The release note is available in:
  - https://github.com/apache/incubator-teaclave/releases/tag/v0.3.0-rc.1

Build guide and get started instructions can be found at:
  - https://github.com/apache/incubator-teaclave/blob/v0.3.0-rc.1/docs/my-first-function.md

The short version of building Teaclave from the source tarball:

```
$ wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/teaclave/0.3.0-rc.1/apache-teaclave-0.3.0-rc.1-incubating.tar.gz
$ tar zxvf apache-teaclave-0.3.0-rc.1-incubating.tar.gz && cd \
  apache-teaclave-0.3.0-incubating
$ # Instructions to verify the source tar:
https://teaclave.apache.org/download/#verify-the-integrity-of-the-files

$ docker run --rm -v $(pwd):/teaclave -w /teaclave \
  -it teaclave/teaclave-build-ubuntu-1804-sgx-2.14:latest \
   bash -c ". /root/.cargo/env && \
     . /opt/sgxsdk/environment && \
     mkdir -p build && cd build && \
     cmake -DTEST_MODE=ON -DSGX_SIM_MODE=ON -DGIT_SUBMODULE=OFF .. && \
     make"
```

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Everyone is welcome to
vote. Please vote by replying to this thread explicitly.

  [ ] +1 approve
  [ ] +0 no opinion
  [ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Best,

Mingshen Sun
Apache Teaclave (incubating) PPMC
https://mssun.me

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Teaclave (incubating) v0.3.0-rc.1

Posted by Mingshen Sun <ms...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Xun.

Yes, I think this is not a blocking issue (correct me if I'm wrong),
and I will work on this before the next release.

Posted by Xun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
Hi mingshen,

Posted by Mingshen Sun <ms...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rundong Zhou <ru...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Hongbo Chen <ya...@apache.org>.
+1.

Posted by Xun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding) from me,

I have checked the following items:
[√] Are release files in correct location?
[√] Do release files have the word incubating in their name?
[√] Are the digital signature and hashes correct?
[√] Does DISCLAIMER-WIP file exist?
[√] Do LICENSE and NOTICE files exists?
[√] Is the NOTICE year correct?

Is there any sub repo code contained inside the release? If so:
  [X] Does NOTICE and DISCLAIMER file exist?
  [√] Do LICENSE files exists?

I did not see the two files `NOTICE` and `DISCLAIMER` in the [1] sub repo
of incubator-teaclave.

Posted by Yulong Zhang <yu...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Gordon King <ga...@apache.org>.
It is verified from my side and looks good, +1 (binding), thanks.