Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2013/05/30 19:31:20 UTC

The all new Apache PDFBox website is online

Hi,

our all new website is online now including a new and fresh design.

We switched to the new Apache CMS system which hopefully helps us
to improve the content of our website easier and faster.

I'd like to thank Maruan who managed to get this done especially the
conversion and rearrangement of the whole content.

Thanks for the effort!!

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Re: The all new Apache PDFBox website is online

Posted by Leonard Teo <le...@ballistiq.com>.
Looks great guys! Thanks for sharing! :)

Leo

--
Leonard Teo
Ballistiq Digital, Inc.

Posted by "Hesham G." <he...@gmail.com>.
Nice work ... Congrats :)

Best regards ,
Hesham

Included message :

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.

> Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de> hat am 31. Mai 2013 um 13:13
> geschrieben:
>

> as an intermediate solution I wanted to add the current (outdated) 1.2.1
> apidocs so we have the same state as before.
OK, I can live with that.

> Next step would be to
>
> a) make all versions available and have the last version be available under
> the direct link
+1

> b) potentially move to 1.7 for javadoc generator as it provides a much better
> layout
Never checked that, but I guess it'll be better than the old stuff.

> I know about the extpath support.
++1 :-)

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

> Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de> hat am 31. Mai 2013 um 12:36
> geschrieben:
>

> Hi,
>
> I'm working in it.
The apidocs provided by the old website were outdated (1.2.1). Maybe we should
generate a new version first. And if we start thinking about that we might
generate some other versions as well. Additionally I found a hint on how to
add a bigger amount of static stuff to the CMS without using the editing/staging
area. It's something about extpath. I can share the details when I'm back
home later.

> BR
> Maruan
>

> Am 31.05.2013 um 11:57 schrieb SolidAndShade <so...@fastmail.fm>:
>
> > Sounds good, do you know when the ETA on the new docs is? Thanks.
> >
> > On Fri, May 31, 2013, at 02:25 AM, Andreas Lehmkühler wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> It isn't online yet. It's a work in progress. I guess we will add them
> >> shortly
> >> but in a different way. IMHO we should provide different docs for each
> >> (major)
> >> version,
> >> but we didn't discussed that in detail.

> >> Sorry for the inconvience, but there maybe be other URL-changes too which
> >> can't be avoided in such cases.

> >> BR
> >> Andreas Lehmkühler

BR
Andreas Lehmühler

Re: The all new Apache PDFBox website is online

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,

I'm working in it.

Posted by James Green <ja...@gmail.com>.
FWIW someone just asked how to get the target/site folder up onto Github
via the maven-scm-plugin on the maven users mailing list and rather
helpfully provided a follow-up posting the config required. I suspect a
similar move would prove extremely productive.

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 31.05.2013 21:09, schrieb Daniel Wilson:
> Looks good Andreas & Maruan!
The kudos go to Maruan, my part wasn't that big.

BTW, good to see you are still around!

Posted by Daniel Wilson <wi...@gmail.com>.
Looks good Andreas & Maruan!

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Am 31.05.2013 23:01, schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:
> OK - the old version of the API docs is live now - checked some of the links, they worked fine. Only issue is that the image for 'inherited' is wrongly referenced.
Looks good, thanks for bringing this back online that fast

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.