Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Gau <ga...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/04 20:51:10 UTC

Sorting performance

Here is the usecase:
I am using synonym expansion at query time to get results. this is
essentially a name search, so a search for Jim may be expanded at query time
for James, Jung, Jimmy, etc.

So ranking fields like TF, IDF, Norms do not mean anything to me. I just
reset them to zero. so all the results which I get have the same rank. I
have used a copy field to boost the weights of exact match, so Jim would be
boosted to the top.

However I want the other results like Jimmy, Jung, James to be sorted by
Levenstein Distance with respect to word Jim (the original query). The
number of results returned are quite large. So a genereal strdist sort takes
6-7 seconds. Is there any other option than applying a sort= in the query to
achieve the same functionality? Any particular way to index the data to
achieve the same result? any idea to boost the performance and get the
intended functionality?