Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by puneetjain <pu...@wipro.com> on 2008/02/15 10:06:16 UTC

Re: (Please Reply) Facing problem while running servicemix sample on Geronimo

Hi,

Any suggestions on this issue. I tried my best and still did not moved even
a bit.
Please pour your suggestions to solve this petty issue.

I am really struck.

Thanks,
Puneet

:confused::confused::confused::,(

Hi,

I am facing problem while running a sample code of servicemix in
jboss/Geronimo.
The sample is running fine with  servicemix stand alone but not working when
deployed on  jboss/Geronimo.
What I have observed is that the http consumer is not getting the response
data.

sendOut() method of MyMarshler is not getting called of my marshler bean
class.

The response is not getting displayed on the Internet browser. The same
thing runs fine as standalone application.
The other details are given below:

Environment:
========
Jboss 4.2.2.GA
servicemix3.2.1
Java 1.5
OS Linux

Steps Performed:
===========
1. xbean configuration for http-consumer service unit is:
	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

	<beans xmlns:http="http://servicemix.apache.org/http/1.0"
	       xmlns:ex="http://www.servicemix.org/example">

	  <http:consumer service="ex:httplistener"
			 endpoint="ex:listenerEndpoint"
			 locationURI="http://0.0.0.0:8192/upload/"
			 defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
					 targetService="ex:lineReverse"
			 marshaler="#marshaler" />

	  <bean id="marshaler" class="org.apache.servicemix.jbi.MyMarshaler" />

	</beans>

2. xbean configuration for bean service unit.

	<beans xmlns:bean="http://servicemix.apache.org/bean/1.0"
	       xmlns:ex="http://www.servicemix.org/example">

	  <bean:endpoint service="ex:lineReverse" endpoint="lineReverseEndpoint"
bean="#lineReverseBean" />
	  <bean id="lineReverseBean" class="org.apache.servicemix.jbi.MyBean" />

	</beans>

Exception: There is no exception raised at all.
======

Please help me to resolve this. A early response will be highly appreciated
as it is a bottleneck for my work.

Thanks,
Puneet Jain

Re: (Please Reply) Facing problem while running servicemix sample on Geronimo

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I'd guess that either the TLD files are not valid or that they are
not for the latest schema and our upgrade process has a bug.  If we
know the tld file and the error it should be pretty easy to figure
out which.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by puneetjain <pu...@wipro.com>.
Hi,

I have performed following steps and create the
apache-servicemix-web-3.3-SNAPSHOT.war and tried to deploy on tomcat-6.0.16.
But I got exceptions.

Steps Performed:
============

1. Downloaded the servicemix source from
    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx3/trunk/

2. Build the code using maven tool
    mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true –Pstep1 install
    mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Pstep2 install

3. Deployed
<servicemix_install_dir>\distributions\apache-servicemix-web\target\apache-servicemix-web-3.3-SNAPSHOT.war
into tomcat

Exceptions:
=======
Feb 17, 2008 12:19:58 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive
servicemix-web-console-3.3-SNAPSHOT.war
Feb 17, 2008 12:20:01 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
addApplicationListener
INFO: The listener "org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener"
is already configured for this context. The duplicate definition has been
ignored.
Feb 17, 2008 12:20:01 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
addApplicationListener
INFO: The listener
"org.springframework.web.context.request.RequestContextListener" is already
configured for this context. The duplicate definition has been ignored.
ERROR - ContextLoader                  - Context initialization failed
with name 'jdbcAuditorMBean' defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference
 to bean 'server' while setting bean property 'server'; nested exception is
with name 'server' defined in ServletContext re
source [/WEB-INF/servicemix.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested
exception is java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub:
javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception
 is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested
exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
Caused by:
with name 'server' defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/servicemix.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested e
xception is java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub:
javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested
 exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
Caused by:
java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub:
javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested
exception i
s:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:317)
        at
javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:248)
        at
org.springframework.jmx.support.MBeanServerConnectionFactoryBean.connect(MBeanServerConnectionFactoryBean.java:126)
        at
org.springframework.jmx.support.MBeanServerConnectionFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(MBeanServerConnectionFactoryBean.java:114)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1201)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1171)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:425)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:251)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:156)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:248)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:261)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:109)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1099)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:861)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:421)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:251)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:156)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:248)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:284)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:352)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:244)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:187)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3843)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4350)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:829)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:718)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:490)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1215)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:293)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:117)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.backgroundProcess(ContainerBase.java:1337)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1601)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1610)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(ContainerBase.java:1590)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested
exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
        at
com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:97)
        at
com.sun.jndi.toolkit.url.GenericURLContext.lookup(GenericURLContext.java:185)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServerJNDI(RMIConnector.java:1807)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServer(RMIConnector.java:1777)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:259)
        ... 40 more
Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost;
nested exception is:
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:574)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:185)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:171)
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(UnicastRef.java:306)
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
        at
com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:93)
        ... 45 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:364)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIDirectSocketFactory.java:22)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIMasterSocketFactory.java:128)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:569)
        ... 50 more
Feb 17, 2008 12:20:03 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Feb 17, 2008 12:20:03 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/servicemix-web-console-3.3-SNAPSHOT] startup failed due to
previous errors

Please give me some tips so that I can resolve the problem.

Regards,
Puneet

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 15, 2008, at 3:10 PM, Jay D. McHugh wrote:

> Puneet,
>
> Could you try testing this on vanilla Tomcat 6.0.14?
>
> When I try deploying on Geronimo, I get several errors concerning
> the validation of TLD files.
>
> I also get a couple of exceptions that some postings on the
> ServiceMix mail list say should not be an issue.
>
> But, on Tomcat, I only get the exceptions (the ones that supposedly
> are not an issue) - not the validation errors.
>
> Please let me know what you find.  If it turns out that Tomcat works
> fine, then we can start looking deeper into what Geronimo is doing
> that Tomcat isn't.

Are the TLD errors similar to the following?

D:\geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.0.2\repository\default\apache-servicemix-
web-3.2.1\1201788419568\apache-servicemix-web-3.2.1-1201788419568.war
\WEB-INF\sitemesh-decorator.tld:60:2: error: cvc-datatype-valid.1.1:
string value 'SiteMesh Decorator Tags' does not match pattern for tld-
canonical-nameType in namespace http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee

This type of error is caused by an incorrect specification of short-
name elements in the TLD. E.g:

    <short-name>SiteMesh Decorator Tags</short-name>

The taglib schema specifies that <short-name> cannot contain space
characters. However, many projects seem to generate TLD's that are not
compliant with the specification. Removing the 'space' characters
should fix the problem.

Geronimo is strict with regard to plan validation. Given the relative
frequency of TLD validation problems we see, we might wish we were a
bit more lenient...

--kevan

Re: (Please Reply) Facing problem while running servicemix sample on Geronimo

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.
Puneet,

Posted by puneetjain <pu...@wipro.com>.
Hi Jay,