Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by CT Arrington <ct...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/21 14:32:59 UTC

[Trinidad] Depth of accessibility support? Any tips?

Hi all

First, my compliments to the Trinidad team - Trinidad looks like a tag library that isactually intended for use on large scale web systems. Everything seemsfully thought out and extensible. Moreover, the documentation and getting started content are comprehensive and easy to use. Very nice and all too rare among open source projects! (or commercial products...)

Now for my questions.
>From searching the archives it looks like accessibility support via the accessibility-mode is extensive and is considered during the development and testing of new features. Which is very good news for me, as I am trying to find a tag library that plays nicely with JSF + Facelets and can be used to build 508 compliant systems!

Before I plunge in, I am hoping that the Trinidad community can share their experience with accessibility (preferably 508):

 - Has anyone gone through a compliance audit on a Trinidad based system? How did it go?
 - Setting the accessibility-mode on a per user basis seems like it could provide the best of both worlds. Any issues?
 - Are there any components that are known to create accessibility problems?
 - Are there any documents on how accessibility support in Trinidad works or best practices while using it?

Thanks
 CT Arrington

Be a better friend, newshound, and