Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mohammed Al-Qaimari <na...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/13 09:53:53 UTC

Java Application Native Wrapper

    This project should provide a tool that generates a native executable program that just starts a new VM and provides all arguments and classespath etc... without suffering with batch and shell files. That's similar to a feature in  Borland's JBuilder.

There's NO Knowledge That is NOT POWER!
http://mail.yahoo.com

RE: Java Application Native Wrapper

Posted by Sarose Joshi <sa...@gmail.com>.
Well this intend to be another application that crash and bring more
vulnerabilities. This is against the central themes of the java.

--
www.FaeLLe.com <http://www.FaeLLe.com>

Re: Java Application Native Wrapper

Posted by FaeLLe <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitry Serebrennikov <dm...@earthlink.net>.
Mohammed Al-Qaimari wrote:

>    This project should provide a tool that generates a native executable program that just starts a new VM and provides all arguments and classespath etc... without suffering with batch and shell files. That's similar to a feature in  Borland's JBuilder.
>

>There's NO Knowledge That is NOT POWER!
>http://mail.yahoo.com

At the risk of creating more nise on the list, here's an opensource tool
for this purpse that I used with great success (on Windows):
jelude http://www.sfu.ca/~tyuen/jelude/
It is in "public domain", so not a lot of licensing issues.
There are many others that are opensource and not. Just look around if
you need one of these.

Regards
-dmitry