Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Steve Vestal <st...@adventiumlabs.com> on 2020/01/18 02:07:45 UTC

How to enter OWL cardinality restrictions?

I am trying to create an OntModel that contains a
CardinalityQRestriction.  If the OntModel is an OWL_MEM model, then I
get the exception "Attempted to use language construct CARDINALITY_Q
that is not supported in the current language profile: OWL Full."   If I
create the OntModel as an RDFS_MEM model, I get the exception "Attempted
to use language construct ONTOLOGY that is not supported in the current
language profile: RDFS."   What model configuration is needed to for
cardinality Q restrictions?

My impression from the OntModel API is that the W3C OWL cardinality
restrictions map to the OntModel cardinality Q restrictions, except
maybe the Q restrictions also impose universal quantification as well as
cardinality restrictions.  Is that so?  How would theOWL standard
cardinality restriction ObjectMinCardinality(nonNegativeInteger
ObjectPropertyExpression ClassExpression) be entered?

Re: How to enter OWL cardinality restrictions?

Posted by Steve Vestal <st...@adventiumlabs.com>.
So to clarify, calls to the Q restriction methods unavoidably result in
exceptions in all OntModelSpec cases?

Posted by Dave Reynolds <da...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that's right.

Posted by Lorenz Buehmann <bu...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>.