Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/21 01:18:44 UTC

Replication status

Hi,

We closed 3 jiras this week,

KAFKA-352 Send error code to client for requests sent to non-existing topics
KAFKA-371 Refactoring of LogManager
KAFKA-362: ZKConsumerConnector needs to reconnect to new leader after
leader change in a partition

We have patches under review for the following jiras -

KAFKA-350: Enable message replication in the presence of controlled failures
KAFKA-405  Improve highwatermark maintenance to store high watermarks
in a single file
KAFKA-343: Leader election, become leader, become follower

We have people signed up on the following jiras:

KAFKA-354: refactor setter/getter in scala style
KAFKA-376: expose different data to fetch requests from the follower
replicas and consumer clients
KAFKA-386: Race condition in accessing ISR

Once KAFKA-343,KAFKA-338,KAFKA-350 are done (which we expect to happen
in the next week or two), most big jiras for phase 2 are done.
After that, we will spend time getting the system test suite in shape

The following jiras can be worked on in parallel and we welcome
contribution from the community.

KAFKA-385: RequestPurgatory enhancements
KAFKA-369: remove ZK dependency on producer
KAFKA-288: rework java producer API
KAFKA-289: reuse TopicData when sending produce request
KAFKA-391: Producer request and response classes should use maps
KAFKA-384: Fix intermittent test failures and remove unnecessary sleeps
KAFKA-356: create a generic thread class

Thanks,
Neha

Re: Replication status

Posted by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the status update.

> The following jiras can be worked on in parallel and we welcome
> contribution from the community.
>
> KAFKA-385: RequestPurgatory enhancements

I started on the above, although got side-tracked with some other work.
Will get back to it next week.

Joel