Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by John Powers <jp...@configureone.com> on 2006/01/27 04:07:13 UTC

problem updating a document: no segments file?

Hello,

I have a couple instances of lucene.  I just altered on implementation and now its not keeping a segments file.  while indexing occurs, there is a segment file.    but once its done, there isn't.    all the other indexes have one.     the problem comes when i try to update a document, it says "segments file not found" and that stops it.    this code was working fine on my development box, but now i go to production its not keeping that segments file.    and, it searches just fine.    i can reindex over and over, and it keeps disappearing.

any ideas?