Posted to user@uima.apache.org by michelangelo <ms...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/06 18:12:00 UTC

UIMA and DictionaryAnnotator

Hello
I downloaded the DictionaryAnnotator addon from SVN. Unfortunately it seems that
it uses incubator classes like:
import org.apache.incubator.uima.DictionaryDocument;
import org.apache.incubator.uima.EntriesDocument;
import org.apache.incubator.uima.EntryDocument;
import org.apache.incubator.uima.TypeCollectionDocument;
import org.apache.incubator.uima.DictionaryMetaDataDocument.DictionaryMetaData;

and they are not in UIMA 2.4.
Is there something I can do in order to compile?
if not, there is a similar annotator for UIMA 2.4?

many thanks

Re: UIMA and DictionaryAnnotator

Posted by michelangelo <ms...@gmail.com>.

http://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-2.4.0/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.aae.testing_your_annotator
> and scroll down to the "Note:" at the bottom of this section.

great! it works. Upon your help, I added <capabilities>
      <capability>
        <inputs/>
        <outputs>
                  <type>org.apache.uima.DictionaryEntry</type>
        </outputs>
        <languagesSupported/>
      </capability>
    </capabilities>
to the AE descriptor.
10x

Re: UIMA and DictionaryAnnotator

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
This sounds like it might be related to the "feature" in the Document Analyzer
to only show results that are listed in the output section of the capabilities.

Does your XML descriptor include those?

See
http://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-2.4.0/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.aae.testing_your_annotator
and scroll down to the "Note:" at the bottom of this section.

-Marshall

Posted by michelangelo <ms...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.

[1] : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-2430

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michelangelo,

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
These classes are "generated".

If you download from "SVN", you only get the source.  From the source, you have
to run the Maven commands to build the artifact.  As part of that, the Maven XML
Beans plugins runs, and will generate these classes.

Instructions on how to build are here: http://uima.apache.org/dev-quick.html
-Marshall