Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by MilleBii <mi...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/02 22:44:35 UTC

Any one used negative scoring for pages ?

Hi all,

I'm using a special scoring plug-in of my own. Worked fine for me so far,
but I don't find it so discrimating as it was.
What would do great to me is to have negative scores for pages with content
I'm not looking for.
Accumulation of negative scores would demote sites I'm not looking for.

Anyone ever tried to use negative scores ?
Would it even work ?

--
-MilleBii-

Re: Any one used negative scoring for pages ?

Posted by MilleBii <mi...@gmail.com>.
I did have a quick try at the idea. Not working as it looks like not scored
pages (crawl frontier pages) have higher priority than previously crawled
but negative pages. For the record if someone would try in the future.

--
-MilleBii-