Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Hammad Sophie <ha...@sibisoft.com> on 2003/04/01 02:46:10 UTC

jspc, tomcat, jstl nullpointer exceptions

Hello fellow ant users!

I started using jstl on my project a few months ago. Currently, we have some
legacy jsps which dont use jstl and other 'newer' ones which do.
My problem: While my old non-jstl jsp precompile happily, I keep getting
Nullpointer exceptions for jsps which contain jstl!

Here's a typical dump:
jsp_precompile:
     [jspc] Compiling 64 source
filesC:\jakarta\tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\northstar
  [jasperc] 2003-03-31 04:08:57 - ERROR-the file
'\Accounting\GL\Budgets\budgetSetupWizard\budgetList.jsp' generated the
following general exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
  [jasperc] error:org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Error compiling
\Accounting\GL\Budgets\budgetSetupWizard\budgetList.jsp
  [jasperc]     at org.apache.jasper.JspC.processFile(JspC.java:596)
  [jasperc]     at org.apache.jasper.JspC.execute(JspC.java:800)
  [jasperc]     at org.apache.jasper.JspC.main(JspC.java:822)
  [jasperc] Java Result: 9

I searched the archives and found lots of discussion on the issue, but
apparently no resolution...?? Just wondering if anyone found a solution to
the problem?

My environment:
ant 1.5.2 release
tomcat: 4.1.21
java: 1.4.1_01

Thanks in advance.

Hammad.

Re: jspc, tomcat, jstl nullpointer exceptions

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Hammad Sophie wrote:
> Hello fellow ant users!
>
> I started using jstl on my project a few months ago. Currently, we have some
> legacy jsps which dont use jstl and other 'newer' ones which do.
> My problem: While my old non-jstl jsp precompile happily, I keep getting
> Nullpointer exceptions for jsps which contain jstl!
>
> Here's a typical dump:
> jsp_precompile:
>      [jspc] Compiling 64 source
> filesC:\jakarta\tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\northstar
>   [jasperc] 2003-03-31 04:08:57 - ERROR-the file
> '\Accounting\GL\Budgets\budgetSetupWizard\budgetList.jsp' generated the
> following general exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
>   [jasperc] error:org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Error compiling
> \Accounting\GL\Budgets\budgetSetupWizard\budgetList.jsp
>   [jasperc]     at org.apache.jasper.JspC.processFile(JspC.java:596)
>   [jasperc]     at org.apache.jasper.JspC.execute(JspC.java:800)
>   [jasperc]     at org.apache.jasper.JspC.main(JspC.java:822)
>   [jasperc] Java Result: 9

This is almost definately a tomcat/jasper bug. You need to take it up
there. Get the latest tomcat version, if that doesnt make it go away,
file a detailed bug report with sample JSP pages