Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Hamada Zahera <ha...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/20 12:07:05 UTC

Mahout - Linear Regression implementation as MapReduce

Hello All,

Kindly I'm asking you if there is an implementation of Linear Regression
algorithm as MapReduce or not . If not which are the available algorithms
for Prediction that could be run as MapReduce .

Thanks a lot in Advance
Hamada

Re: Mahout - Linear Regression implementation as MapReduce

Posted by Zhiwen Sun <pe...@gmail.com>.
Why not use matrix factorization to predict preference of user & item?
The matrix factorization could be run as MapReduce.

Zhiwen Sun

Posted by Rajesh Nikam <ra...@gmail.com>.
Nagpur has stochastic logistic descent (SGD) however this is not
implemented as mapreduce.
Although pretty fast. I tried hard to get desirable results.