Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by Mik Lernout <mi...@futurestreet.org> on 2004/08/16 13:46:45 UTC

Compliance testing

Hey,

I am busy with checking the compliance of JaxMe 2 XS to some of the XML
Schema compliance test suites that are out there. I am doing this as I
am writing a very quick and light-weight XML Schema validator based on
JaxMe. I have already found some pretty minor bugs when running the jaxb
compliance test suite of commerce.one
(http://www.commerceone.com/developers/download.html) and have now
started on the test suites provided on
http://www.w3.org/2001/05/xmlschema-test-collection.html. (the ones from
Microsoft, the NIST and Sun)

when I find the time to document these bugs nicely I will provide
patches for the ones I have already fixed (which should be somewhere
this week...) I was just wondering if I should file issues in the
tracker  and attach the patches there, or should I send them directly to
this maling list? Would it be useful to add these tests in the unit test
process or as a seperate process? I already have some code to do this,
but I am not sure about the licencing issues involved...

Thanks a lot!

Mik

Re: Compliance testing

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@freenet.de>.
Mik Lernout wrote:<>

 > The validity of the documents is described in a little manifest XML
for the
 > Commerce One , NIST and Microsoft texts and in the file name for the
Sun tests....

This is what I am asking for (and have possibly missed).

If so, and if licensing questions allow, I would hope that we can
integrate your work to become a part of the JaxMe test suite. Ideally,
by adding the required files to the CVS. If that's not possible, then by
putting them on the hard drive and setting a property to the directory.

Jochen

Re: Compliance testing

Posted by Mik Lernout <mi...@futurestreet.org>.
What do you mean by 'allowed to do so'? The validity of the documents is

Re: Compliance testing

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@freenet.de>.

Re: Compliance testing

Posted by Mik Lernout <mi...@futurestreet.org>.
Jochen,

You can do the tests in a pretty crude but effective way: just checking
of a supposed valid schema doesn't throw an exception when parsing it
with Jaxme and that an invalid one throws an exception :-) If you
combine the tests with my instance validation code, the tests are a lot
more precise as the structure of the resulting schema is also
investigated...

I can, and already have, create a specific ant task (called
'xsd-compliance' /'schema-compliance' ?) that will download the
testsuites if non existant, unzip them and run the tests.

Mik

Re: Compliance testing

Re: Compliance testing

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Mik,

Let's start with the patches for the source...Please create a JIRA bug
and upload the "cvs diff -u" to that bug. Long run, We may have to do
some ant magic to check if the xmlschema-test directory is present and
run a junit based test if the directory is present and has the xml/xsd
files.

thanks,
dims