Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Julien Dubois <ju...@julien-dubois.com> on 2003/09/16 00:01:42 UTC

Fwd: RE: Building Cactus with Maven -> I'd like to volonteer

Hello everybody,

Maybe you followed my discussion with Vincent in the cactus-user ML : I'd like
to volonteer for creating/managing the cactus builds with Maven.

I already started to do some very modest scripts (you can grab them here :
http://www.julien-dubois.com/jakarta-cactus/). BTW, Vincent, I found out how
the reactor worked.

I guess there should be some kind of vote, so I'm going to :

1. Introduce myself
I'm a French developer, I've been working in the software industry for more
than 5 years, and I've done exclusively Java for the last 4 years (yeah, I
started as a Microsoft developer, shame on me).
I'm really interested by XP and continuous integration, and I've already
worked a lot with Ant, XDoclet and CruiseControl.

2. Show my motivations
- learn more about Maven and Cactus, because both are very interesting
technologies for my work.
- give back to the Apache community, as I used their great software for so
long.

The work is huge, and my free time depends on my daily job (and my
(girl)friend(s) ), but I'll try to do my best.

I've already got a +1 from Vincent, so thank you for reading this message and
giving me your +1/-1.

Julien.