Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dariusz Jurojc <da...@ekspert.biz> on 2014/05/12 11:16:54 UTC

How to avoid checking parent project in maven-site-plugin

I have small maven project. I'm trying to add generating site by
maven-site-plugin, but it doesn't work. When I'm building this project i
get following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.3:site (default-site) on
project [MY-PROJECT]: SiteToolException: The site descriptor cannot be
resolved from the repository: ArtifactResolutionException: Unable to
locate site descriptor: Could not transfer artifact
[PARENT-PROJECT]:xml:site_en:1.0 from/to eclipse
(http://maven.eclipse.org/nexus/content/repositories/testing/):
Connection tohttp://maven.eclipse.org <http://maven.eclipse.org/>refused

My project is extension for other project, so in my pom.xml is set
parent project which isn't mine and I can't add site configuration there.

So is there any chance to skip checking parent project's site in site
generation?

My pom.xml looks like this:

|    <project>
        <parent>
         <artifactId>|||[PARENT-PROJECT]|</artifactId>
         <groupId>||[PARENT-PROJECT-GROUP]</groupId>
         <version>1.0</version>
     </parent>
         <build>
              <plugins>
                 <plugin>
                    <version>3.3</version>
                    <configuration>
                       <reportPlugins>
                       </reportPlugins>
                    </configuration>
                 </plugin>
              </plugins>
        </build>
     </project>

And of course i have site.xml file in src/site directory in my project.

Re: How to avoid checking parent project in maven-site-plugin

Posted by Dariusz Jurojć <da...@daprog.pl>.
Too much work to do. I think that I'd better find other way to create reports
I need.

So Mr "maven-site-plugin" - i don't like you anymore :)

Regards,
Dariusz

Paul Benedict wrote

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
You need to have the parent projects available to you in your remote or
local repository. You can't build with them missing because the parent has
configuration which you project (the child) depends upon.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
I am not sure what you mean by "can't".
You can make any POM you want.
You could start by having Maven give you the effective pom from your
project.
You could save that and make the changes that you require to get your
site produced to that pom as a standalone project .

Once you have this working you will know which of the master poms is
giving you the problem so you can get them to change it or figure out
what you need to override when using their poms.

Ron

On 13/05/2014 9:47 AM, Dariusz Jurojć wrote:
> I can't do it - as I said - I'm only writing extension to very big project
> which is not mine. And I have to use pom from that "big project". And that
> pom has it's own parent and so on... I can't copy and modify all of them. I
> just want to create site with some reports for my project regardless of
> parent project.

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc
email: rwheeler@artifact-software.com
skype: ronaldmwheeler
phone: 866-970-2435, ext 102

Re: How to avoid checking parent project in maven-site-plugin

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
To get it working make a copy of the parent with the stuff that you need.

This will at least tell you if you are on the right track and perhaps
give you the settings that you need to override in the module pom.

Ron