Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by vijay <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/18 09:27:04 UTC

xml to pdf converstion(generic xsl-fo)

Hi

This is urgent requirement for our project.we are in need of urgent solution
for the problem , i am explaning below:

1.i need solution for the conversion of xml to PDF using XSL-fo.Because we
are using fo concepts, it's specific to xsl-fo.

My system is generating xml file. The generated xml file needs to be
converted to PDF file.Example:

<root>
<object>
    <c1></c1>
    <c2></c2>
    <c3></c3>
    <c4></c4>
</object>

<object>
    <c1></c1>
    <c2></c2>
    <c3></c3>
    <c4></c4>
</object>
</root>

I have to convert this xml file to pdf format. in pdf  c1,c2,c3,c4 values
should be  print in table  coloumns and rows

so my output will be in table

  c1  c2  c3  c4
  aa  bb  cc  dd
  zz  xx  vv  nn

The main problem is i have to write generic xsl-fo  that will converts any
xml into pdf

kindly do reply asap .i would be greateful and obliged..

Thanks in advance

Re: xml to pdf converstion(generic xsl-fo)

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org>.
I would recommend using XSLT to do the transformations that you need.
Unfortunately you will need to learn XSLT first before you can use it.
Check the Xalan website for more details.  The Mulberry XSLT mailing
list (google) is best for specific questions you may have.

Glen