Posted to user@tez.apache.org by Rohit Kochar <mn...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/30 11:13:05 UTC

How to configure log directory of Tez AM??

I am unable to locate the tez AM logs.
From the resource manager logs i see this :

 Command to launch container container_1391074890224_0001_01_000001 : $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -Dlog4j.configuration=tez-container-log4j.properties -Dyarn.app.container.log.dir=<LOG_DIR> -Dtez.root.logger=DEBUG,CLA  -Xmx1024m -Dsun.nio.ch.bugLevel='' org.apache.tez.dag.app.DAGAppMaster --session 1><LOG_DIR>/stdout 2><LOG_DIR>/stderr

And there after i tried setting this LOG_DIR environment variable in yarn-env.sh but to no avail.

How do i configure the log dir and where is the default location of the logs??

Thanks
Rohit

Re: How to configure log directory of Tez AM??

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.
Are you looking for the logs generated by the InputFormat while computing
splits ?, or while actually processing a split ?

For split generation, the logs will show up in the AM logs only if you've
setup your DAG to generate splits in the AM (they should just show up
unless there's some complicated log4j configuration). Otherwise they should
show up on the client.

For actual split processing - the logs will be part of the task container
logs, not the AM container logs.

- Sid

Posted by Rohit Kochar <mn...@gmail.com>.
Sorry my bad.