Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Azlan Abdul Latiff <az...@myjaring.net> on 2006/01/31 10:09:12 UTC

indexing whole harddrive

how can I index the whole hard drive?  I tried using "c:/" but it didnt
work.

The results only return c:/ directory where as a I want it to index all
the sub folders as well as the the other directories.

Azlan

Re: indexing whole harddrive

Posted by Rajesh Munavalli <fi...@gmail.com>.
You have to recursively traverse the directories using something like...(in
Java)

void indexDocs(String file){
if (file.isDirectory()) { // if a directory
         String[] files = file.list(); // list its files
         for (int i = 0; i < files.length; i++) // recursively index them
            indexDocs(new File(file, files[i]));

      }
}

--